Saturday, September 7, 2013

Scripture Column on Faith (September)



"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." 
Hebrews 11:1 

Look at the beauty that surrounds you. Look at the beauty in the picture above. One day while driving home, this was our view the whole way...It was breathtaking. And when I see such beauty, it makes me happy, I snap pictures, and I think how amazing our God is. God created such a beautiful world, and it shows His greatness! He created it for us to enjoy. How can someone not have faith in a God that created all of this?!

I love verses about faith. I think reading them both help me to have faith and gives me even more faith. Sometimes when our life is going normal or just like we want it to, we have plenty of faith...faith in lots of things. But then as soon as things turn bad, we lose that faith. The Bible tells us we are to walk by faith, not by sight. Not just sometimes, but always. Faith in the things unseen only makes our faith that much stronger! Faith, faith, faith.

 Faith is not believing that God can, it is knowing that He will. Don't just think God is doing what's best for you, but know He is. Don't just think God has a plan for your life,  but know He does. Faith doesn't get you anywhere if you are constantly doubting.

 It takes but a little bit of faith. Faith can move mountains. So go live your life, and have faith in the things unseen, and...

Have faith in God; God has faith you. 

Lots of love
    Grace Brown(Graceful Maiden)

No comments: