Friday, July 26, 2013

Homemade Coconut Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Hello everyone! 
My mom and dad have been on a Trim Healthy Mama plan, which eliminates sugar from your daily diet, and so we've got all this sugar just laying around. Well, okay, not lots, but enough to make a sugar scrub with! 
I saw this idea on Facebook as a use for now unused and tempting sugar. So, with (sadly) no measuring, mom and I made our own. 

I think our ratio was about 3/4 sugar to 1/4 coconut oil. The coconut oil was slightly melty, so I did end up adding more sugar in the end. Then we just kept adding peppermint oil until it smelled oh so good!
I really like using it as a face scrub in the shower! It leaves your skin feeling so smooth and clean. The peppermint leaves you feeling refreshed, and the sugar coconut combo cleans out all those little pores. It's really lovely.

Do you have any extra sugar lying around? Give a sugar scrub a try!

No comments: