Monday, July 29, 2013

Cinnamon Vanilla Latte and Why You Don't Need to Watch Horror Movies

So it's Saturday morning and it's kind of gloomy outside. It's also cold. I love to be cold. But I put away all my jeans for the summer. So cold in shorts is not nice. However, cold frappuccinos whilst cold in shorts is worse. So, instead of making a deliciously freezing chocolate drink, I decided to try out a latte.

I have never had a latte before. I always thought they were for non-coffee drinkers. However, they did look very delicious on Pinterest and such. And drinking hot milk sounded amazing whilst I was busy being cold in shorts.

So, I put some instant coffee granules in a mug, because you can't really drink milk without coffee. (Actually, you can, I'm just stubborn.) [And I've never used instant coffee granules and wanted to try them out.]
And then I had to decide what to flavor it. Peppermint mocha latte? Nah. Cinnamon? Ooh, cinnamon on a rainy, cloudy day. And vanilla. That's kind of mandatory. Some sweetener, and of course, milk. Nuke it.

Froth it.
KABOOM.
A deliciously warm cinnamon vanilla latte. Mmmm....

And now I can drink my deliciously warm cinnamon vanilla latte whilst being cold in shorts because I won't shut my window because I really do enjoy being cold and then I'll tell you that you really don't need to watch horror movies. Continue Reading...

If you are a Trim Healthy Mama (or in my case, Trim Healthy Teen) this recipe is a Fuel Pull.

Cheers!

Cinnamon Vanilla Latte

Half a teaspoon or less of instant coffee granules
2 small pinches of cinnamon
5-10 drops cinnamon extract
Dash vanilla
A squirt of Stevita drops to taste (my choice of sweetener, but you can use Truvia, Stevia, etc.)
Milk of choice (I used almond)

Put everything into a mug and stir well. Heat it up in the microwave for about a minute- maybe more depending on how hot you like it. Stir it again to make sure those coffee granules have dissolved. Froth it if you like! Enjoy!

I'm linking up with Trim Healthy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Stacy Makes Cents said...

Yum!!!! I love Lattes and this one looks FAB! Thanks for linking it up at Trim Healthy Tuesday!

~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents