Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cold Coffee Ice Cream Treat

Recently my family was blessed with a visit from my grandma. We enjoyed the time she was able to spend with us immensely. 

During one of our conversations she told me that sometimes she and Grandpa have coffee over their ice cream, like a root beer float, only with coffee. Doesn't that sound heavenly? Well, trust me, it's pretty close! :) 

I tried it out this afternoon with some cold coffee and ice cream. I've been making my own ice cream following a recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama book, but this would work just as well with store-bought ice cream, it's your choice. 
 I made some cold coffee how I would normally in the morning, just a little, though.
 And once I made the ice cream, I drizzled some of the coffee over it. It was absolutely delicious!
 The creamy vanilla ice cream blended beautifully with the cold coffee taste. It was delicious! I really encourage you to try it out on a hot summer afternoon. Use as much or as little coffee as you'd like. Or tweak it up a little and use chocolate ice cream. Or maybe drizzle some chocolate and caramel sauce on top. Whipped cream? Be creative!
Have a wonderful summer, everyone!
Tirzah

No comments: