Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chocolate Chip Frappuccino


One of my most favorite drinks ever is a frappuccino. A cold, creamy, smooth blend of ice and milk beats nearly anything on a hot day. I found a really great recipe for a fat burning frappuccino in the book "Trim Healthy Mama" that I love to tweak up. 


I made a Chocolate Chip Frappuccino for me and my mom today. I sent my brother to go give her her frappuccino and next thing you know she's shouting up "I love you, Tirzah!" :D


Seriously, this frappuccino is really good. One of the best parts about it is the hundreds of little chunks of chocolate. It doesn't even have to be good tasting chocolate. It could be that high percentage dark chocolate Lindt bar that you can't stand to eat plain. The cold ice somewhat freezes most of the taste of the chocolate. Weird, right?

Anyway, so here is the recipe I came up with this afternoon:

Chocolate Chip Frappuccino

- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk for lower calories)
- 2 heaped Tbs. of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. glucomannan powder (This is a thickener)
- a *kerplunk* of vanilla (Probably around 1/4 tsp. to a 1/2 tsp., I didn't measure.) :)
- 3 packs of Truvia or your choice of sweetener to taste
- 1/2 to 1 full scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- Around 28 ice cubes
- Chocolate chunks roughly cut up

     Place all ingredients except chocolate chunks into a blender. Blend until mixture reaches a light brown color and a smooth texture. You may want to add the ice 10-15 cubes at a time, depending on the strength of your blender.
     When mixture is smooth and creamy, add your chocolate. You'll want the chocolate to be cut up enough so that the blender doesn't choke on it, but big enough to not be ground into powder. Remember, the more chocolate the better! :)

Serves 2.



Let me know if you try this out! I'd love to hear what you think about it! Have a great week.
Tirzah